Does this describe you?
- Avoiding places because of painful memories?
- Finding it difficult to relax or trust people?
- Finding it hard to sleep or concentrate or feeling jumpy and irritable?
- Sometimes reaching for a bottle or drug to numb out memories?
- Having overwhelming nightmares or daytime flashbacks?
- Having gaps in your memories?
- Bothered by certain noises, smells, textures, sounds and not knowing why?
Call (763) 577-2489 to schedule a consultation.
We can help…
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is a diagnosis given to people who experience symptoms like these after a traumatic event. Nearly everyone will experience a range of reactions after trauma, and many people will recover from those symptoms on their own. Those who continue to experience problems may have PTSD. They may feel stressed or frightened even when they are no longer in danger. Getting timely help and support may prevent these symptoms from getting worse and help the individual resume normal activities and functioning. There are many therapy modalities that may be used to help clients manage PTSD symptoms.
What to expect…
In the first few sessions, we will gather information and complete a comprehensive assessment, identify the problems you are having, discuss the neurobiology of trauma, how PTSD develops, and develop a personalized treatment plan. Your provider will use evidence- based methods to help you manage your PTSD symptoms and process traumatic memories that overwhelm you in the present. Your provider can also refer you for a medication evaluation and connect you to resources in the community that can help in your healing process. Your sense of safety, comfort, and wellbeing will be respected at every step.
Why Reed Psychological Services?
AT RPS we have several therapists who can help people with PTSD.